Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Great British Barbecue.

Absolutely not one single person in England barbecued when I was a kid, but nowadays it seems that just about everybody does.  I find it a rather strange phenomenon given the awfully unpredictable weather in Blighty.  Barbecuing was just something Australians did. 
Today I experienced my first ever this-side-of-the-pond BBQ.  And the weather cooperated, well, for the most part.  However, it was a distinctly English affair.  Yes, there were plenty of burgers and pizzas, which paired well with a fabulous Black Cat Vineyards, 2010 Howell Mountain Zinfandel, but the pork and Bramley apple hotdogs were my favourite.  Yum!  Dessert, kindly provided by Tenbellies, was Eton Mess (a traditional English dessert that did indeed originate at Eton College), washed down with a mug of Earl Grey.  Double yum!

2 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Great wine, good weather, great food, and last but not least, great friends and family! Who could ask for anything more.
I'd not heard of Black Cat Vineyards before, but this Howell Mountain Zinfandel reminds me I 'need' some! ;)

Vinogirl said...

NHW: We all had a great time. Fun with family is the best!