Friday, April 17, 2015

Vote early and vote often.

It's been three years since I have even given a thought to the 'Wine Blog Awards'.  But just yesterday, the nice folks over at award HQ sent me an email with instructions on how to nominate wine bloggers for the 2015 awards. There are seven categories that you can choose from to submit a blog for consideration; a sort of virtual pat on the back in recognition of the effort they put into educating, amusing, enlightening and, sometimes, infuriating we the readers.  And often for no financial compensation, not a penny.  So I did, I nominated four of my favourite blogs.
To me it is all just a bit of fun, but by nominating one blogger I just might make their day.  I know I felt pretty good the two different times I was nominated.  So nominate your favourite blog today.  Vote for me, if you have to.  But hurry, voting closes at midnight on the 22nd of April.

8 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: If I remember well, last time you were in the finals! :-)
I can see you winning the whole caboodle. Well, we can hope!
Bye the bye, how's the blisters?

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Yes, I was a finalist. Didn't win though, like I might of mentioned at the time, they're not going to reward an anonymous blogger.
No blisters this pruning season, can hardly believe it. Thanks for asking.

Thomas said...

Biting my tongue.

About Last Weekend said...

Will vote for you !
BTW, are you going to the sauvy thing this Friday in San fran - I won't be able to make it - bummer. I'm going to try and make the next week thing whatever that is. We will have to meet up one of these days!

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: No biting of tongues, where is the fun in that?
I'd vote for your blog. Or I would if you weren't off being a proper author. Sheesh!

ALW: It's OK, you don't have to, I CAN'T win.
I dunno...what is the "sauvy" thing in SF? And what's the next week's thingamajig?

Thomas said...

VG:

I made a promise to myself not to rehash or argue over trivialities...

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: Can I assume that you won't be attending the Wine Bloggers Conference, in the Finger Lakes, in August, then?

Thomas said...

VG:

I never go where I am not invited.