Friday, July 04, 2014

Red, white wine and blue.

Happy 238th birthday America!
Today, I'm joining with my colonial cousins in wishing a very happy birthday to the United States of America.  So the English lost a little skirmish, big deal.  I'm still going to enjoy a glass of something white, and chilled, in honour of American independence.
From sea to shining sea, I hope the festivities are enjoyed by all who call this country home.
God bless America. 
Oh...and God save the Queen!


Dennis Tsiorbas said...

Hear, hear, her!

About Last Weekend said...

Here here and here's cheers, cute glass btw

Thomas said...

VG: you seem like a happy loser, although one sometimes wonders who won that war...I think the colonials simply scandalized the British army that actually had a uniform!

What's the name of the British tune that Francis Scott Key borrowed for the Star Spangled Banner? In my dotage, I have forgotten.

Peter Sousa said...


Congratulazioni Stati Uniti d'America

A toast to the United State of America with port wine (Porto - Noval Vintage Nacional Porto 1997 )

Peter Sousa

Vinogirl said...

NHW & ALW: Cheers! Hope you both supped something festive.

Tomasso: Happy loser? Sometimes :)
The tune? I seem to recall reading about that somewhere...suppose I could Google it.

Peter: Welcome to Vinsanity. And I don't mind if I do have a little port with which to toast the health of the colonies!